POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : GLP v0.9a : Re: GLP v0.9a Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:10:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GLP v0.9a
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 20 Sep 2005 07:25:01
Message: <dgore1$6fm$1@chho.imagico.de>
David Curtis wrote:

> Here's some differrences to that patch.
> GLP - has interactive view(orbit, pan, zoom, ...).
>         - does wireframe and solid faces.
>         - allows multiple camera definitions in scene file
>         - has a keyword that controls density of generated mesh.

Let me see i understand this right - you parse the scene as usual but
instead of rendering you generate an OpenGL scene from the parsed scene
file, display it and allow to modify the camera?

First of all it would of course be important to what extent the OpenGL
view resembles the parsed scene.  What shapes, light sources and cameras
are aupported?  Does it support texturing of some sort?  How does it do CSG?

And the most important: How does the interactive view work?  Do you
modify the camera data and use it when rendering afterwards or do you
modify the scene file with the changed camera parameters?  Or do the
changed camera parameters have to be inserted into the scene manually?

Christoph

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 24 Jul. 2005)